Monday, June 29, 2015

SOMEDAYS JUST DON'T WORK AS PLANNED

I woke up refreshed.  The humira did not seem to bother me or tire me out.  The stomach elusive infection or whatever seemed gone. 
It seemed like a good day to go to the Clark museum.

Elizabeth wanted me gone. She is reading a book and I interrupt with questions and exclamations of frustration.

Well, this is the last Monday that the Clark is closed.
I found that out at the door.
So much for the new smart phone.

So no chance of seeing this painting that has just been verified as Rembrandt



So I walked about Williamstown and poked in some shops.  I did the art galleries.  This was one.  It too was closed.



 


It had some pieces in the window I could see.




I could see that this did reflect the sort of county scenes I passed in the car.









 This above was a cool sort of use for rocks when they are too big to make card protectors out of them.  Of course, the prices on this "art" at a gift store were outrageous. 



 
 I used my phone to find a great buffet at Spice Root

http://www.spiceroot.com/

But when I got to the Thai place there was no buffet and I was confused.
I had miso soup and some duck with cashews.  it was good.  I tasted the jasmine rice and that was fine later on the blood.

It was only on exiting that I discovered that Spice Root was next door. 
And THEY WERE CLOSED!!

I poked and drove a bit.  I went toward Bennington but was getting too tired to go and find out that the museum there was closed, so I got a good price on gas and used the GPS to take me home a really scenic route.  Wonderful views.  Farms and animals and hills and fields.

Elizabeth was disappointed that I was home so early.

I made up some supper. 
One thing about my own refrigerator.  It is never closed in the same way as these other places.
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

MIKE DAWN ROBIN BOBBY DEBBIE IN GENEVA

  We had our annual Autum meetup here at Lakefront 41 in downtown Geneva. The hotel was right on Geneva lake Here is Robin looking at the di...